Content Marketing Specialist Emerson
Under the direction of the Emerson Tool Company Marketing Manager, the Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the execution of the retail and digital content strategy for our wet/dry vac brands. Content responsibilities will include campaigns, eCommerce, website, social media, SEO, and retail point of purchase displays. The ideal candidate is a collaborative team player with a passion for brand development, strong customer and product orientation, a penchant for writing compelling copy, detail-oriented execution, and an eye for aesthetic detail and visual brand communication.
Company Bio: Emerson
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Understand the brand’s purpose and positioning for brands in the wet/dry vac portfolio. Helps to formulate how they are communicated through content for social media, web, campaigns and channel partner sites. Understands competitive product & brand positioning.
- Search Engine Optimization with eCommerce partner sites (Amazon & The Home Depot.com) in order to win organic search in the category and influence bottom-of-funnel purchases or create awareness for the brand. Serve as an internal SEO consultant.
- Ability to be a storyteller when producing optimized content (copy, photography, video) across all digital platforms and channel partner sites.
- Utilize social media and social influencers to target and engage prioritized audiences at different phases on their buying journey. Work across businesses, with influencers, or with external partners to deploy social content.
- Help develop campaigns and “always-on” digital marketing initiatives to drive sales and category penetration.
- Support development of creative assets on-site with marketing partners, including preparing shot lists, editing requirements, and clearly organizing assets for use on intended projects.
- May manage work executed through external vendors and collaborating with other internal creative teams.
- Maintain a quality control process ensuring all content is on-brand, error-free, consistent in style and messaging to optimize user experience and achieve business objectives
- Represent marketing in new and sustaining product development process, including product launches & roadmap planning. Partner with product team to develop content that reflects features and benefits of products to be launched.
- Participate in market research efforts to support new product development, competitive understanding, industry trends, and customer solutions.
- Track and report on metrics for campaigns, eCommerce, websites, social, SEO, and content
- Organize infrastructure to monitor key message boards/groups and posts, identifying opportunities to post responses, and writing content tailored to the topic.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Office environment. Periodic travel may be required
Qualifications / Requirements
The ideal applicant will exhibit these skills:
- Standout idea generator and problem solver with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong understanding of digital marketing strategies, including social and mobile
- Digital experience in both direct marketing and channel marketing a plus
- Presentation skills with the ability to persuade and defend
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- 2-3 years experience in a content and/or modern marketing role, experience with planning and building exceptional content.
- Writing and copy-editing skills to tailor content message to intended audience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Solid working knowledge of YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and other relevant social media outlets and measurement tools
- In-depth knowledge of SEO principles
- Preferred skills: Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud – Primarily video editing and minor photo editing abilities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications and relevant experience focused on Web/Digital preferred, Marketing experience required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), and general presentation skills.
- Relentlessly high-quality standards and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced changing environment, capable of managing deliverables and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic and digitally active
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Search Link:
Emerson Career Search
Apply online using Job Number 20001684