Compensation Specialist Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation’s Human Resources organization has an exciting opportunity for a Compensation Specialist. The position will be located in the Clayton, MO office. The Compensation Specialist is a member of the Corporate HR team, responsible for the administration of broad-based compensation programs for the Company. This role will assist in the execution of the annual pay planning cycle and development of base salary ranges and incentive targets for the Company’s various business lines/market segments. This position is also responsible for helping maintain competitive structures and conducting on-going analysis to ensure overall competitiveness and consistent approach to pay decisions for all levels across the organization.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Support the configuration and administration of the global pay planning/merit budget/short-term incentive program processes
- Support the overall planning and execution of the annual global compensation process
- Work with global HR Business Partners to ensure full support and information is in place
- Audit and clarify data and reporting structures
- Ensure compliance with compensation cycle policy
- Evaluate and analyze salary data – both internal and external market data
- Manage and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information
- Monitor competitive trends in compensation; identify Olin’s position and make recommendations for changes to compensation, rewards and recognition programs
- Conduct job evaluations using Hay Job Evaluation Methodology
- Maintain process documentation
- Participate in salary surveys through the collection and reporting of data to third-party survey providers.
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis
- Lead compensation related projects
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree* in Business (Accounting or Finance), Human Resources or related field required
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs required
- Strong detail orientation, verbal/written communication, project and time management skills required
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office Products with advanced Excel proficiency required
- Knowledge and experience with global compensation trends/issues preferred
- Prior Global Compensation experience preferred
- Experience working within a globally matrixed organization preferred
- Familiarity with Hay Job Evaluation Methodology preferred
- Manufacturing/industrial environment preferred
Note: This position is not eligible for immigration sponsorship
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.