Compensation Consultant Lockton
Our Compensation practice offers full-service compensation and total rewards consulting for our clients in the non-profit and for-profit and public-sector industries. We strive to provide the best professional advice to our clients regarding key issues through our extensive hands-on experience and our “balanced solutions” approach to total rewards. We align short-term and long-term business objectives with human resources initiatives, thereby improving employee satisfaction and productivity. This translates into enhanced organizational financial performance for our clients.
The Compensation Consultant will work in conjunction with compensation practice leaders on managing a book of client consulting projects from start to finish. This position will have client or prospect interaction and be accountable for the preparation and presentation of client deliverables in face to face meetings.
Company Bio: Lockton
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 7,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Check out the latest insights from Lockton's experts.
A few reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- A huge emphasis on community involvement.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- Manage a book of approximately 10-12 compensation projects, with an emphasis in either Salary Management, Executive Compensation, Incentive Plan Design, or a combination of fields
- Perform external benchmarking/market pricing (general workforce, sales, and executives)
- Conduct various market and cost analyses (Market Analysis, Pay Analysis, Range Penetration Analysis, etc.)
- Conduct analyses on Executive total direct compensation (base, STI, LTI, perquisites, supplemental benefits, employment contracts) and Board of Director compensation
- Present recommendations on Executive and Board of Director compensation programs to the Board, Committees, and/or Executive Leadership Teams
- Create and present Annual Incentive Programs, Sales Incentive Programs and Incentive Award Calculators
- Develop, administer, and compile data for all Custom Survey templates, Employee Survey templates, online tool, and final reports
- Perform external benchmarking/market pricing of international compensation and may develop global compensation programs
- Develop Performance Management systems and evaluation tools
- May be engaged in finalist presentations or selling engagements
- May conduct public speaking engagements to assist with our branding/marketing initiatives
- Perform internal presentations/lunch-n-learn presentations, as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
A successful candidate will have:
- Good inter-personal skills and ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- An ability to excel at multitasking, adapting to change and working on tight deadlines to meet our clients’ needs.
- An ability to manage time, prioritize and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- The entrepreneurial spirit, with an eagerness to learn and grow within the company
- 2-4 years of compensation experience required
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) with advanced knowledge of Excel, including advanced formatting and formula calculations
- High aptitude for mathematical calculations including multiplication, division and percentages
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions
- Demonstrated interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels of responsibility. Ability to communicate professionally with clients
*Please submit cover letter with resume and application.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.