Community Outreach & Banking Officer Commerce Bank
31673 Community Outreach & Banking Officer
Job Category: Grade 09
Location: SL West Olive Office Plaza (WOOP)
The main purpose of this job is to focus on helping unbanked and underbanked community members gain access to the banking system/capital. This role will build trust and awareness of the financial system with targeted DEI communities through education, coaching, and access to Low and Moderate Income (LMI)-friendly banking products.
- Develop and maintain targeted partnership portfolio, in coordination with the Community Development team, to consistently gain access to targeted population
- Act as the point person for maintaining library of low-income targeted financial education curriculum, working across lines of business and external experts as needed to ensure Commerce-branded offerings are up to date and timely
- Present or identify and equip others to present education as needed within partnerships and ad hoc for Commerce in general
- Possess broad, relevant financial knowledge when interacting with community members
- Partner with lines of business and external resources to address targeted DEI/LMI individuals’ needs as well as maintain DEI/LMI focus from the inside out. Bring community needs to proper internal sources for awareness and offerings.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong working knowledge of bank products and CDFI and other financial/nonprofit partners to allow for proper referral sourcing from programs/events. Knowledge of Commerce Bank’s internal network to help connect needs/solutions, a plus.
- Working knowledge regarding consumer finance and small business operations. Understanding of P&L, cash flow basics to help assess business needs.
- Ability to collect and bring back community insights that can be used for future product development and appropriate partner referrals
- Ability to develop and present financial education materials
- Strong ability to manage through ambiguity and assist in evolving position using an agile approach
- Ability to show empathy and connect quickly with others. Ability to build trust and help others grow.
- Setting individual goals aligning with DEI focus
- Possesses cultural competency and awareness of key demographic markets within Commerce footprint where LMI opportunities exist. Willingness to dig in and understand markets they do not know well by partnering within communities.
- Outstanding presentation skills and ability to facilitate conversations at different levels of fiscal understanding. Comfortable using technology to present in in-person and virtual settings.
- Motivated and organized self-starter with a growth mindset
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Strong ability to network and collaborate across teams.
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Ability to work outside normal bank hours to meet the needs of the communities. Events are typically held during nights and weekends several times a month.
- Ability to travel locally on a regular basis. Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license and meet Commerce Bank’s driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, business or related filed, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 3+ years financial services experience required
- 3+ years community outreach and LMI community experience preferred
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize our review of that record.
- « Previous Job: DEI Consultant
- » Next Job: CTC Real Estate Advisor