Commodity Manager Emerson
Commodity Managers are responsible for the sourcing of all materials and purchased components to support manufacturing operations, purchased materials standard cost, new product costing, Strategic Divisional purchases, and acting as Division Liaisons between Operation personnel and outside sources. Support and participate with corporate Commodity Managers as required.
Company Bio: Emerson
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
• Manage assigned commodities; manage day-to-day Supplier activities (pricing, delivery, & quality); support materials group in Reynosa; identify & develop new suppliers as needed; maintain competitive material costs for the Business; drive continuous improvement with the Supply Chain.
• Place original orders with assigned direct materials Suppliers.
• Forecast PPV to Finance Department for monthly POR.
• Assist plant groups in resolution of critical quality and service problems.
• Develop cost reductions and cost containment programs. Fully utilize e-Sourcing and MIN tools to maximize cost savings.
• Monitor material markets to insure accurate standard costs and keep management informed on market changes.
• Participate / conduct Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs) with key Suppliers.
• Prepare other studies, analyses, and reports as required.
• Support New Product development activities through Divisional SPR Teams
• Represent Purchasing Department in Divisional and Plant Management meetings.
• Stress procurement as an integral part of Divisional business strategies.
• Conduct quality surveys & ESAC audits leading to certification of suppliers.
• Approve cost increases under $2000 after full cost analysis has been demonstrated.
• Support STL location on indirect (MRO) purchases as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Materials, Procurement, or other related field
• 1 – 4 years of experience in supply chain, engineering, or manufacturing environments preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Career Search Link:
Emerson Career Search
Apply online using Job Number 20000322