Commercial Real Estate – Relationship Manager Commerce Bank
This position involves both the comprehensive management of existing commercial relationships as well as soliciting new business opportunities with assigned customers and targeted prospects. Although it can vary by market, targeted companies generally include those with annual sales of $15MM and over.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
- Primarily involved in calling activities with assigned customers and targeted prospects with the objective to acquire new business.
- Serves as the primary advisor for an assigned portfolio of diverse and complex commercial relationships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Coordinates with product partners to cross-sell a full range of products and services.
- Critically reviews and analyzes portfolio to reduce risk and enhance profitability.
- Facilitates credit requests, including loan structuring, negotiating/pricing, collateral, ensuring adequate loan documentation, and analyzing industry/credit risk.
- Facilitates the resolution of customer problems, engaging product experts as needed.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank and to establish referral contacts within the marketplace.
- Ensures compliance with all bank policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- Manages a portfolio of commercial relationships with some or all of the following characteristics:
- Avg loan portfolio O/S of $25MM to $50MM
- Avg deposit portfolio of $10MM to $25MM
- Annual contribution of $250M to $500M
Note: Newly created positions may need time to establish these portfolio levels.
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of full range of commercial products, credit policies, procedures and terminology
- Strong time management skills, with ability to appropriately prioritize calling activities and strategies
- Goal oriented with strong sales skills.
- Good strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Basic credit analysis skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills
- Good persuasive and negotiation skills
- Some independent decision making skills, but requires regular management oversight
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of commercial banking experience