Commercial Banking Specialist Commerce Bank
Location: 8000 Forsyth, St. Louis, Missouri 63105
The Commercial Banking Specialist provides Commercial Loan Administration support to a team of commercial calling officers and portfolio managers that service diverse and complex commercial relationships. The position will also interact with customers on a daily basis regarding service and support issues with a resulting high level of customer satisfaction.
- Reviews and approves supporting documentation including but not limited to; Budget, Disbursing Agreement from Laser Pro, Construction Escrow Agreement, and owner's equity.
- Reviews signed Credit Approval for terms and conditions of the construction component.
- Collaborates with Relationship Manager, Loan Coordinator, and Loan Documentation Support to ensure accuracy of construction related items on closing documents.
- Reviews, balances, and approves draw requests for accuracy within the budget and any budget changes to insure the loan proceeds are adequate to complete the project.
- Liaisons with Title Company and/or Disbursing Agent with subsequent draw requests, change orders, inspections, and other supporting documentation.
- Before each draw is funded, review the Draw Request, Balancing Worksheet, Supporting Documentation, Inspection Report, and updated Endorsement are imaged to Bank's system of record
- Primary customer contact for loan administration issues.
- Prepares ELARs, obtains needed relationship manager approvals, and submits to Commercial Loan Servicing.
- Reviews loan documentation for accuracy and completeness prior to execution.
- Submits completed loan documentation to CLS and manages the booking process.
- Processes real estate documentation including title work, recording, and insurance.
- Requests appraisal reviews and flood letters.
- Clears documentation exceptions. Processes loan advances and paydowns, account and wire transfers
- Processes customer maintenance requests on multiple systems.
- Handles routine and confidential customer correspondence and other departmental administrative needs.
- Serve as primary contact for loan portfolio issues and provide support to middle and upper level department colleagues
- Contact customers, resolve account issues, and process paydowns/advances
- Assist with the preparation of closing documentation, including complex and legally prepared documents
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Strong commercial real estate loan documentation knowledge
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- At least 2 years of commercial banking or similar experience required
- For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.