Campus Services Technician Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking candidates for the position of Campus Services Technician. Campus Services Technicians report to the Campus Services Manager and work in all areas of campus with faculty, staff, students and visitors always focused on providing excellent customer service. This full time position is eligible for benefits including medical, dental, life, vision, tuition and ten percent retirement match. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
• Assemble/erect tents, tables and other event related equipment and furnishings
• Hang and place temporary campus banners and signage
• Provide athletic sporting event coverage, i.e. housekeeping / waste management etc.
• Provide all facets of waste management including transport and safe compactor operation
• Provide weather related services when required i.e. snow removal / chemical treatment
• Successfully carryout campus moves on and off campus
• Porter restrooms
• Provide routine summer camp support as directed
• Special projects as required
Qualifications / Requirements
• High school education or equivalent
• One or more years hospitality service experience
• Knowledge of cleaning equipment and supplies
• Familiarity with MSD requirements
• Ability to lift 50-60 lbs. with/or without accommodation
• Ability to work on an 8’ ladder to change light bulbs and perform other tasks
• Safe driving record and valid driver’s license
• Basic computer and smart phone skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
• Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
• Lifting 50 to 60 pounds with or without accommodation
• Work on an 8’ ladder
• Ability to stand for extended time periods
• Work in extreme outside temperatures
• Assist in snow removal
Regular Hours: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm Monday - Friday. Some weekend and flex hours required. Position is eligible for overtime pay.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
To apply: http://jobs.maryville.edu/postings/2232