Campus Event Manager Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking a Campus Event Manager reporting to the Executive Director of Campus Events. This individual will manage various campus events from start to finish including set up, audio visual, food and beverage, security, parking, etc. They will also manage the use of campus space for departmental meetings and events. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Coordinate and execute assigned campus events; to include catering, set up, audio visual, branding, security, etc.
- Maintain the campus events calendar
- Participate in all communication between facilities, catering and event contacts to ensure a highdegree of excellence in all University events
- Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met
- Review and answer all phone and electronic communications related to internal and external events
- Manage all contractual, insurance and risk management documentation
- Facilitate events on-site, ensuring events are cost effective and in accordance with goals and objectives, maintain relationships with attendees and resolve or manage the resolution of major problems and issues that may arise
- Complete any projects assigned by the Executive Director of Campus Events
- Commitment to innovation, eagerness to share ideas on how to improve services and event quality
- Ability to work flexible hours (weekends and nights) based on the demands of campus events
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- Two years of professional experience in event planning (internships accepted)
- Proficient in Windows applications, file management, Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn new systems
- Proven ability to work calmly under pressure and within a team
- Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills, accurate, detail and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute a variety of events and exceptional project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to maximize use of technology in reserving space and ability to learn and apply emerging technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and external constituents
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
- Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.