Buyer – Indirect Procurement Schnuck Markets, Inc.
Buyer – Indirect Procurement will be responsible for sourcing equipment, supplies and services for assigned categories. The Buyer researches, evaluates, negotiates and purchases services, supplies and equipment based on price, service, quality, payment terms and warranty to meet the needs of the internal stakeholders.
- Negotiate and manage all critical purchase agreements for key products and services for assigned categories.
- Review requisitions/ purchase orders and related documents for completeness, accuracy and compliance to department and company policies; review invoices and other documentation for compliance, accuracy and correct pricing; resolve disputed pricing.
- Ensure accuracy of orders received meet the requirements of orders made as it relates to quantities, type and quality of materials ordered; resolve disputed orders.
- Manage day-to-day supplier relationship activities for assigned categories.
- Ensure Supply, Responsible Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management and Savings
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required Education: Associate’s Degree/Junior College
- Other Requirements: Associate’s Degree, preferred in Purchasing, Supply Chain, Finance or Business Management.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 3 to 5 years
- Grocery Retailer Experience & Knowledge
- Basic financial literacy, including understanding of the cost of inventory holding, and understanding downstream impact of buying decisions
- Fundamental understanding of supply chain functions (manufacturing, freight and backhaul, warehousing, transportation)
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills. Able to prioritize work across competing priorities that shift daily based on supply disruption.
- Proactive communication and partnership with various levels of the organization, including supply chain, category managers, and Store Ops.
- Strong analytical capabilities to evaluate buying alternatives and to understand NFR performance relative to the financial plan and other KPI’s, translating to improved results.
- Computer proficiency, including office management applications (email, spreadsheets, documents), various internal and commercial procurement applications, and project management applications.
FORMAL POLICY SETTING
Provides input to the next highest level
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Primarily Sitting
- Primarily Sitting
- Up to 25 lbs
- Work Environment
- Office M-F with some store support expected on nights and weekends. Some time walking in stores and warehouses.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Additional Requirements – Internal candidates:
• Store/Facility Teammates: minimum of six months employment with Schnucks.
• Store Support Center Teammates: minimum of one year employment with Schnucks.
• Must be in good standing (not on a performance improvement plan or active discipline).
• If invited for an interview, must have manager approval based on performance.
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.