Business Development Manager Dot Foods
Location: St. Louis (Chesterfield), MO; Mount Sterling, IL; Remote
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Director of Business Development, with initial reporting to Business Development Manager Trainer
Your Role: Responsible for building and enhancing strong relationships with our manufacturer partners and influencing their behavior regarding supply chain, channel expansion, and other critical initiatives.
- Penetrate key areas of a manufacturer such as sales, supply chain, CFO, President and CEO.
- Understand each supplier’s business and influence that supplier to maximize volume, margin and service.
- Budget and manage volume, gross margin and net margin for each manufacturer.
- Act as a conduit for communication with all internal departments regarding all aspects of the manufacturer.
- Present to small and large groups on the features and benefits of Dot Foods.
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the supply chain.
Travel: 5-8 nights per month for off-site meetings and industry events. Must be able to travel independently without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
Qualifications / Requirements
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant Dot experience
- 3-5 years success in a sales, supply chain, or marketing position, or 2 years Dot experience
- Strong computer skills
- Demonstrated aptitude for strong negotiating and sales
- Proven capacity for strong financial and analytical skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree emphasis in business, finance, supply chain, or marketing
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Effective business writing skills
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 58 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
- Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.