Branch Manager Commerce Bank
Location: SL Met Square
The Branch Manager is the person running the branch. You’ll drive and supervise daily operations of the branch to keep customer service running smoothly while promoting security and profitability. This is a very important job that’s key to the branch’s success. You’ll be in charge of making sure branch and individual sales expectations are met; day-to-day customer service; compliance with established policies and procedures relative to bank operations; security; human resource management; etc.
The Branch Manager monitors sales results of individuals as well as the branch as a whole against established goals. You’ll step in to provide coaching and assistance whenever it’s needed. In addition, you’ll have our own personal sales goals to meet and you may be assigned business development responsibilities as well. You’ll be a coach, leader, mentor and role model all rolled into one. You’ll lead your team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers by making sure they have a great experience every time they visit the branch and by providing friendly, helpful solutions to their financial challenges.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
- Monitor sales efforts and results
- Observe and coach staff to improve overall customer management by providing timely feedback and guidance
- Plan and implement sales tactics to assure that individual and branch sales goals are met
- Build and maintain business by actively soliciting new business from prospective customers and work directly with current customers to sell/cross sell retail products
- Service customer needs, research problems and provide follow-up to customers/staff members
- Proactively develop customer relationships by listening to and understanding the customer (both internal and external), anticipating and providing solutions to customer needs
- Generate creative solutions to situations by trying different and novel ways to deal with organizational problems and opportunities
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to implement the department strategy and manage department workflow with guidance on departmental projects/issues, and provide coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each direct report's individual needs
- Establish procedures to monitor the results of delegations, assignments, or projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Strong knowledge of the retail banking field, products and services and bank operations, including knowledge of best practices
- Problem solving skills and the ability to identify key issues from a base of information
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Excellent sales ability including cross-selling and referral skills
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to apply discretion and sound judgement to efficiently and effectively solve problems
- Ability to drive results and balance management of organizational risk and meeting goals of the business
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate team members and foster a positive team environment that gives way to collaboration and unified goals
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2+ years experience as a Banking Services Manager/Consultant, Financial Services Representative or similar position required
- 1+ year management experience required
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.