Bilingual Customer Service Representative Commerce Bank
Location: SL West Olive Office Plaza (WOOP)
The Bilingual Customer Service Associate position provides a high level of customer service and support to our customers. They are trained to resolve customer inquiries on bank products, policies, regulations, and procedures via phone, live chat, or email.
Pay Range: $17.00-$21.00 per hour based on relevant experience, skills, and competencies
Time Type: Full time
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
How we’ll support you:
- Training and one-on-one coaching from our Leadership team who is invested in your success.
- Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills.
- Building your career through our defined career path or by exploring new opportunities.
- Continuous learning opportunities, such as core banking products, services, processes and Commerce culture concepts.
- Growing your network to maximize your professional and personal development through our employee resource groups.
What we offer:
- Benefits-Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and retirement education resources
- Flexible schedules
- Paid banking holidays, vacation, sick and personal time
- Employee discounts and tuition reimbursement
- Shift differential for evening schedules
- 5% pay differential for proven Spanish/English speaking bilingual associates
- Paid training for 4-6 weeks (must be able to attend)
- Provide a high level of customer service and support to external customers
- Support inquiries received via live chat, email or telephone
- Authenticate callers to ensure our customers and the bank are protected from fraud attempts and take additional steps to mitigate risk if needed
- Research information and complete data entry to note customer interaction results
- Identify and escalate appropriate requests
- Remain current with product knowledge and administrative requirements through training
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Schedule is between 9:30am – 8:00pm Monday-Friday and every other Saturday. Additional shifts Tuesday-Saturday or Sunday-Thursday are also available.
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Basic product knowledge
- Basic ability to explain bank policies, procedures and/or regulations
- Basic ability to assess customer needs and recommend alternative products or services; refer to other departments when appropriate
- Ability to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to meet department efficiency and quality standards within 90 days
- Ability to establish quick rapport with customers, actively listen, respond promptly with correct information
- Ability to work in a high paced environment and maintain stable performance
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to complete and pass new hire quizzes and exam
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Fluent in Spanish and English, written and verbal required
- 1+ year related customer service experience required
- 1+ years of call center and/or financial service preferred
**Customer Care Associate level will be determined based upon experience**
- « Previous Job: Systems Administrator
- » Next Job: Customer Service Representative (Part-Time)