Benefits Manager Schnucks
Since 1939, growth and change have been the two constants at Schnucks. As our customers change, we change to meet their needs. As the neighborhoods we serve grow, we grow with them. Schnucks is a progressive, family-owned supermarket retailer with 100 stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin – all managed from our corporate headquarters in St. Louis.
Company Bio: Schnucks
From the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacy environments, to manufacturing and production facilities, Schnucks offers career opportunities for talented teammates who want to work for a friendly, family-oriented company. It’s easy to see why you should work for Schnucks:
- Friendly, Fast-Paced Environment
- Teammate Discount after Qualifying Period
- Chance To Advance. Schnucks has a strong tradition of promoting from within. Many teammates who started working with us have grown with us, as their part-time jobs became long-term careers.
- Schnucks is successful because we value our teammates as much as our customers.
- Schnucks is one of the top 100 privately owned companies and one of the top 10 privately owned supermarket chains nationwide.
Manages administration of company provided teammate benefits. Develops, recommends, and implements approved, new or modified plans.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages administration of teammate benefit plans such as retirement plans, medical, dental, life insurance, disability, and voluntary benefits.
• Makes recommendations for changes to benefit plans and benefit administration policies.
• Prepares and executes, under the direction of the Director, Total Rewards, benefit documentation including SPD's, required communications, and enrollment materials.
• Handles benefit inquires and complaints to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
• Completes data requests, research requests, and analyzes information to ensure correct implementation of all benefits.
• Supervises Benefit Department teammates and provide annual performance reviews.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Required Education: Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum Years of Experience: 5 to 8 years.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of union contracts.
• Knowledge of laws and regulations of benefit plans.
• Must have an excellent understanding of Excel, Access, and Microsoft Word.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to describe and educate benefits to teammates with varying levels of understanding of their benefits.
• Ability to analyze data and apply appropriate corrective measures.
• PHR or CEBS preferred.
FORMAL POLICY SETTING:
• Makes recommendations to management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Walking: Primarily Sitting.
• Standing: Primarily Sitting.
• Lifting: Up to 25 lbs.
• Travel: 0 - 25%.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.