Benefit Administrator, Union Benefit Plans MTM, Inc.
Locations: MO – St. Louis / MO-Lake Saint Louis
What Will Your Job Look Like?
The Benefit Administrator, Union Benefit Plans is responsible for administering the benefit operations of all plans and programs associated with employees covered by a Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). This includes interpreting CBA language and advising of the requirements relating to employee benefits, administering all health, welfare and retirement plans available to union members. The Benefits Administrator, Union Plans will be the primary benefit contact for union employees and leadership on benefit related issues, and act as the liaison between company, unions, benefit vendors, trustees, and agencies. They will ensure compliance with all language in the CBA, as well as all aspects of Healthcare Reform and state and federal regulations and ensure all annual benefit filings are completed timely and accurately.
What You’ll Do:
- Interpret and understand all language in each Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) relating to employee benefits
- Work closely with the Manager, Benefits on establishing requirements in Workday to meet the CBA language
- Work closely with the HR Business Partners to support the needs of the union employees regarding benefits
- Assist in implementation of new union plans to meet the requirements of the CBA
- Develop specific union benefit communications and learning sites to ensure employees are fully educated on plans and programs available to them
- Provide administration of benefit plans including but not limited to reconciling invoices and ensuring prompt payment to benefit vendors; tracking monthly enrollment; assisting employees with benefit questions and issues and Wellness Program initiatives, and other Workday related functions
- Coordinate and process all functions related to open enrollment for union plans
- Process monthly pension contributions
- Administer union sponsored 401k plans
- Act as liaison with vendors for assigned plans, responsible for communicating with 3rd parties when issues or questions arise, responding to requests from agencies regarding benefit enrollments, eligibility, etc.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert during review of new business proposals in the area of union benefit offerings
- Provide a comprehensive analysis and comparison to standard company benefit plans
- Provide customer service support to internal and external customers
- Evaluate and revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Document and maintain administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Healthcare Reform
- Respond to all requests by agencies such as Medicare and marketplace appeals, etc.
- Ensure all Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSO) are entered and followed
- Maintain compliance with State and Federal regulations for assigned plans, such as the DOL and ERISA requirements.
- Distribute required documents to employees in a timely manner
- Assist as directed the ensure annual benefit filings are completed timely and accurately. Assist with completion of 1095 and 1094 filings
- Provide required information to Broker for completion of annual 5500 filings
- Perform plan audits
- Prepare, collect, and organize data for actuarial assessments
- Assist with testing of plans in Workday as directed
- Crosstrain on all company provided benefits to assist during other team member’s absences
- Develop employee communications including Benefit newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
What You’ll need:
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in a related field
- 3+ years working in Benefit Administration, preferably in a union environment
- 1+ years’ experience working in an HRIS system, preferably Workday
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above with Microsoft Office
- Experience communicating with external vendors and agencies
- Experience in an office setting and working from home
- Experience in working in an HR setting, handling confidential/sensitive information
- Experience in communicating and leading meetings with all levels of employees
Even better if you have...
- Proven competency in administering health plans
- Understanding health plan terminology
- Ability to interpret complex language and administer plans accordingly
- Advanced level of knowledge of laws relating to benefits, HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and explain complex benefit details with ease
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with all levels of employees with confidence
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and deliver timely results
- Adaptable to change
- Detail oriented and thorough
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- Some travel will be required
What’s in it for you:
- Health and Life Insurance Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Birthday Holiday
- Casual Dress Environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MTM Perks Discount Program
- Milestone Anniversary One Month Sabbatical
- Leadership Mentoring Opportunities
Salary Min: $70,000
Salary Max: $78,000
- This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual skills, experience, and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MTM is an equal opportunity employer. MTM considers qualified candidates with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, State, and Federal law. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact MTM’s People & Culture.
- « Previous Job: Talent Acquisition Specialist
- » Next Job: Legal Operations Specialist