Associate Business Development Manager Dot Foods
Location: St. Louis (Chesterfield), MO; Mount Sterling, IL
Department: Business Development
Reports To: Senior Business Development Manager
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 59 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
• Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
• Significant advancement opportunities
Your Role: Responsible for learning all aspects of the Business Development Manager (BDM) role through formal training, shadowing, role plays and management of smaller manufacturers. The goal of this role is to prepare you to become a Business Development Manager.
- Train extensively for a minimum of 6 months.
- Begin to manage a small subset of Dot manufacturers.
- Responsible for special projects and research determined by BDM leadership.
Your Future Role: Responsible for building and enhancing relationships with our manufacturers and influencing their behavior regarding supply chain, channel expansion and other critical initiatives.
- Penetrate key areas/contacts of a manufacturer such as sales, supply chain, CFO, President and CEO.
- Understand each manufacturer’s business, and influence them to maximize volume, margin and service.
- Budget and manage volume, gross margin, and net margin for each manufacturer.
- Be a conduit for communication with all internal departments regarding all aspects of the manufacturer.
- Travel: 3-5 nights per month with future travel of 5-8 nights for off-site meetings and industry events. Must be able to travel independently without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane and train.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant Dot experience
- 1-3 years of successful business experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for negotiating and selling
- Financial and analytical skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree emphasis in business, finance, supply chain, or marketing
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Effective business writing skills
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.