Associate Attorney HeplerBroom LLC
HeplerBroom LLC, a large defense firm, is currently seeking a licensed Associate Attorney with 2-4 years experience to join our Toxic Tort and Products Liability Litigation team. The position will be in our Edwardsville, IL office.
Company Bio: HeplerBroom LLC
HeplerBroom offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangement opportunities, a development focused culture, which includes, in house CLE programs, legal association membership support, associate mentor program, experience driven development opportunities. The firm also offers multiple health benefit options and a matching 401K and profit-sharing program.
The firm has recruited and trained highly qualified, dedicated, and energetic attorneys and staff. Our clients expect and receive the highest level of individual service, creative problem solving, strategic thinking and sound judgment. Our high expectations of our staff offer them the opportunity to make a difference with our clients and immediately contribute to the team.
HeplerBroom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any basis prohibited by state or federal law.
- Research, analyze, and interpret law sources such as statutes, rules and regulations, ordinances, court decisions, and legal opinions
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
- Monitor routine case files to ensure deadlines are maintained, investigate facts and legal matters to determine causes of action
- Assist with document review
- Conduct depositions
- Attend court hearings in several different counties and courthouses
Qualifications / Requirements
- Good standing with the Illinois bar – dual licensed in Missouri preferred
- Strong writing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Deposition experience Required – Toxic Tort Deposition experience highly preferred
- « Previous Job: Clinical Supervisor
- » Next Job: Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition