Associate Attorney – Medical Malpractice HeplerBroom
HeplerBroom LLC, a large defense firm, is currently seeking a licensed Associate Attorney with 2+ years of experience in Professional Liability. The position will be in our Edwardsville office, with hybrid work flexibility options available.
Company Bio: HeplerBroom
HeplerBroom offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangement opportunities, a development-focused culture, which includes, in-house CLE programs, legal association membership support, associate mentor program, experience-driven development opportunities. The firm also offers multiple health benefit options and a matching 401K and profit-sharing program.
The firm has recruited and trained highly qualified, dedicated, and energetic attorneys and staff. Our clients expect and receive the highest level of individual service, creative problem solving, strategic thinking and sound judgment. Our high expectations of our staff offer them the opportunity to make a difference with our clients and immediately contribute to the team.
HeplerBroom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation.
- Research, analyze, and interpret law sources such as statutes, rules and regulations, ordinances, court decisions, and legal opinions
- Monitor routine case files to ensure deadlines are maintained, investigate facts and legal matters to determine causes of action
- Assist with document analysis and written discovery
- Conduct depositions
- Appear regularly in court
- Assist with trial preparation and trial of professional liability cases
- Independently manage a litigation caseload, working cases from beginning to end
Qualifications / Requirements
- Good standing the Illinois and Missouri bars preferred
- At least 1 year experience with Medical Malpractice cases
- Ability to effectively work in a fast pace and deadline-driven environment
- Deposition experience (plaintiff, treating physician) required
- Strong research skills
- Strong writing skills