Assistant Branch Manager Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 08
Location: 4100 Rusty Road, St. Louis, Missouri 63128
The Assistant Branch Manager is the right-hand person who helps the Branch Manager run a branch. You’ll supervise daily operations of the branch to keep customer service running smoothly while promoting security and profitability. This is a very important job that is key to the branch’s success.
You’ll help the Branch Manager monitor sales results of individuals as well as the branch as a whole. You’ll be hands-on and step in to provide coaching and assistance whenever it’s needed. You’ll be a coach, leader, mentor and an indispensable ally all rolled into one. You’ll help lead your team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers by making sure they have a great experience every time they visit the branch and by providing friendly, helpful solutions to their financial challenges. If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
- Manage day-to-day branch activities including operations, administration and providing directions to branch staff
- Assist team members with day-to-day customer service, compliance with established policies and procedures relative to bank operations, security, human resource management and more
- Observe and coach sales staff to improve quality and experience of customer interactions
- Monitor results, develop and implement efforts to assure that expectations and goals are met
- Meet sales goals and assigned business development responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to implement the department strategy and manage department workflow with guidance on departmental projects/issues, and provide coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each direct report's individual needs
- Perform all necessary management functions, including hiring, evaluations, annual increase allocations and disciplinary action as required
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant information to team members effectively
- Support budget management, planning and expenditure
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Available to work: Monday - Friday 8:00am-6:00pm, Saturday 8:30am-12:30pm
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strong knowledge of retail banking, including knowledge of best practices
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to apply discretion and sound judgment to efficiently and effectively solve problems
- Ability to drive results and balance management of organizational risk and meeting goals of the business
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate team members and foster a positive team environment that gives way to collaboration and unified goals
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- High School diploma required. Associate's degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years leadership/supervisory experience required
- 2+ years experience in financial services industry and working knowledge of retail products and services and bank operations required