Assistant Branch Manager Commerce Bank
Location: 6383 Clayton Rd., Clayton, Missouri 63117
The Assistant Branch Manager is the right hand person who helps the Branch Manager run a branch. You’ll supervise daily operations of the branch to keep customer service running smoothly while promoting security and profitability. This is a very important job that’s key to the branch’s success. You’ll be on the front lines making sure branch and individual sales expectations are met; day-to-day customer service; compliance with established policies and procedures relative to bank operations; security; human resource management; etc.
You’ll also help the Branch Manager monitor sales results of individuals as well as the branch as a whole. You’ll be hands on and step in to provide coaching and assistance whenever it’s needed. In addition, you’ll have your own personal sales goals to meet and you may be assigned business development responsibilities as well. You’ll be a coach, leader, mentor and an indispensable ally all rolled into one. You’ll help lead your team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers by making sure they have a great experience every time they visit the branch and by providing friendly, helpful solutions to their financial challenges.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
- Manage day-to-day branch activities including operations, administration and providing directions to branch staff.
- Observe and coach sales staff to improve quality and experience of customer interactions.
- Monitor results, develop and implement efforts to assure that expectations and goals are met.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School diploma required. Associate Degree Preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience.
- Required: Basic knowledge of the financial services industry gained through prior work experience
- Preferred: Working knowledge of retail products and services and bank operations gained through prior work experience.
**For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.