Assistant Bank Examiners and Experienced Bank Examiners The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis
As an Assistant Bank Examiner, you would work in St. Louis, Missouri or Little Rock, Arkansas and report to a Supervisory Examiner. To support your professional advancement, we provide a well-defined career progression and the Examiner Commissioning Program to assist you in achieving your professional goals. Click here for more information.
As an Assistant Examiner, you will travel the upper end of 50 days a year with consecutive days in a row. It averages out to 20-30% of workdays. It includes overnight stays – mostly by car/van, but some air travel may be involved as well. The St Louis Fed diligently works to provide a positive Work / Life Balance through flexible scheduling, a flexible or compressed work schedule, and periodic work from home options.
Company Bio: The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis
We value clear communications, analysis, and the ability to work as a member of a team. The St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank is part of the Federal Reserve System and acts as the supervisor and regulator for financial institutions in its district. As a professional bank supervisor, you would be a part of the supervisory team and support the System's mission. We recognize that your skills are your most important asset, and we offer continuing professional development opportunities that promote professional development at every stage of your career. We invite you to join our growing team of examiners and see all the opportunities that await you!
- Develop a knowledge of the banking industry and the operations of a typical financial institution
- Participate on consumer compliance and Community Reinvestment Act examinations
- Assess compliance with fair lending, lending, deposit, and different consumer protection laws and regulations
- Document findings on examination through work papers and summary memoranda
- Contribute to the creation of reports of examination and public evaluations, to be issued to the bank and general public respectively.
- Participate in self-lead consumer compliance examiner curriculum
Qualifications / Requirements
The Reserve Bank is looking for a varied skillset which could include a mixture of college coursework, an ability to conduct analyses in a business environment, and a desire to excel and grow. Specific qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience working in a professional setting, working with teams, and in defined reporting structures.
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and conflict resolution.
- Written and verbal communications skills
- Be an enthusiastic team member and to lead teams.
- Comfortable with use of computer-based tools, including Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), Word, and other Microsoft Office programs.
- Travel (20-30%, 4-5 days a month)
- US Citizenship or lawful permanent resident intending to become a citizen who meets certain other requirements
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
- Pension plan, 401K, Comprehensive Insurance Plans, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Onsite Wellness & Fitness Center, Backup Dependent Care (Child & Adult), and more
Ranked as the #2 Top Workplace in the St. Louis Region in 2020, the Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is committed to building an inclusive workplace, where employees’ diversity—in age, gender, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, and cultural traditions, religion, life experiences, education and socioeconomic backgrounds—are recognized as a strength. Embracing our diversity encourages employees to bring their valued perspectives to the table when generating ideas and solving problems and promotes an environment where innovation and excellence grow. Learn more about the Bank and its culture; check out our Careers Site.
The Federal Reserve Bank of St Louis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.