Application Development Manager – Warehouse Operations Dot Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or St. Louis, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Chief Information Officer
Your Role: Manage a team of Developers and IT professionals that support the Warehouse Operations area of the business. You will have overall responsibility for software development and systems support, in addition to process improvement and long-term planning to optimize team and system performance.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities
• People Development - recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and coaching employees for success
• Work with the business and Product Managers to produce technology Product Roadmaps that support the business area’s long-term goals and objectives.
• Work with teams and Product Managers/Owners to measure, communicate, and manage the capacity of the team for new development and support (“Keep The Lights On”) work. This includes ensuring the capacity for technical skills meets the demand.
• Use extensive knowledge of department processes to proactively introduce and drive business to investigate and adopt new technology to produce positive company results
• Manage IT services expense budget and technology spend for the areas of the business supported
• Manage vendor relationships
• Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
• Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings
• Schedule – On-call rotation to support business needs; evening hours and weekend work as needed
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent Dot experience
• Minimum 5 years of proven leadership experience with people management
• Effective interpersonal skills in working with all departments and senior leadership
• Innovative, creating thinking with a process improvement focus
We’d Like You To Have:
• Experience supporting warehouse operations business area
• Excellent analytical and technical skills
• Proven experience with prioritizing effectively
• Experience with strategic, long term planning
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.