Administrative Assistant II, Center for Diversity and Inclusion Lindenwood University
Job Title: Administrative Assistant II
Division: Center for Diversity and Inclusion
Evaluation Group: Staff
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Starting Salary: $ 19.35 + per hour
Reports To: Chief Diversity Officer / Director, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
The administrative assistant II provides high-level administrative support to a university vice president by conducting research, producing reports, handling data requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls and scheduling meetings. This position also provides training and assistance to departmental staff.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibility that will be required of positions given this title. This job description shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
• Performs data aggregation and analysis to create (format, edit and proofread) documents and reports
• Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, conferences, catering and departmental events
• Answers phones, responds to email, forwards messages and confirms appointments
• Maintains filing systems and utilizes basic word processing, database and spreadsheet skills
• Handles confidential and nonrecurring information
• Works independently and with a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects
• Maintains appropriate office supply inventory
• Assists in management of the departmental budget
• Takes initiative in conducting research projects
• Greets visitors and determines whether they should be given access to specific individuals
• Supports the mission of the university and serves as an ambassador of the Q2 culture of service excellence
• Models, supports and holds others accountable to the university’s values – integrity, dedication, excellence, creativity and teamwork
Communication, Teamwork and Collaboration
• Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside agencies
• Explains departmental policies when necessary
Job may require other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum of two years’ related work experience
• Completion of vaccination status survey and proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of hire.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities – May be representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform this job competently.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Highly organized and motivated
• Ability to multitask
• Strong professional integrity
• Ability to problem solve, use good judgment and think critically
• Basic research skills
• Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of this job’s functions.
• General office setting
Physical Abilities – The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform this job’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Ability to work effectively at a computer for up to eight hours daily
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time
• Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to educational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.
- « Previous Job: Senior Manager – Commercial Digital Product Management
- » Next Job: Executive Director