Accounting Manager HeplerBroom
HeplerBroom LLC is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our dedicated business support team in our Edwardsville, IL office.
The accounting manager will be responsible for supervising and supporting the accounting department and all areas. We are looking for someone to manage and maintain accounting principles, best practices, and systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting information. Must have a strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles financial reporting and analysis, reporting and preparation of month-end close. The accounting manager will advise on budgets, financial strategy, financial reporting, and forecasting. He or she will also be responsible for managing the accounting team, helping audit and ledger preparation, and supporting managers across teams with financial procedures.
Company Bio: HeplerBroom
HeplerBroom offers a competitive compensation package, flexible work arrangement opportunities, a development-focused culture, which includes, in-house CLE programs, legal association membership support, associate mentor program, experience-driven development opportunities. The firm also offers multiple health benefit options and a matching 401K and profit-sharing program.
The firm has recruited and trained highly qualified, dedicated, and energetic attorneys and staff. Our clients expect and receive the highest level of individual service, creative problem solving, strategic thinking and sound judgment. Our high expectations of our staff offer them the opportunity to make a difference with our clients and immediately contribute to the team.
HeplerBroom is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation.
- Prepare reporting and analysis on current and past financial/metric data.
- Prepare monthly financial reports to present to firm partners
- Review and advise on payroll and payroll taxes
- Oversee accounts payable functions
- Complete month and year end close
- Oversees tax audits and preparation of 1099 forms
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Prepare annual budgets and forecasts
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years accounting experience in professional service industry preferred but not required
- Excellent organization, time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- Organization skills of data and projects
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Strong decision-making judgment skills
- Ability to manage change
- Strategic and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- « Previous Job: Corporate and Foundation Relations Officer (Full-Time)
- » Next Job: Associate Attorney – Medical Malpractice