Position is responsible for providing general accounting support to the Emerson Tool Company Finance team in the areas of fixed asset accounting, month-end close, financial statement preparation, account reconciliation, and other duties.
Company Bio: Emerson
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values— integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Essential duties and responsibilities of the position will include:
• Maintenance of the Fixed Asset System, including additions, retirements, and depreciation.
• Monthly preparation of the Statement of Property, Plant, and Equipment.
• Reconciliations for accounts receivable, fixed assets, payroll, and cash.
• Preparation of manual journal entries related to fixed assets and depreciation, sales allowances/promotions/rebates, payroll, standard accruals, and sales taxes.
• Various monthly/quarterly/annual reports including but not limited to State & Local Income Tax Data, OH CAT Tax, Real & Personal Property Information, Leased Equipment, escheated checks, and Asset Tax Workpapers (Federal and State).
• Responsible for deposit and manual journal related to checks received on site.
• Preparation of ETC Canada’s HFM financial statement package, obtaining detail from ETC Canada, financial data upload/entry into HFM each month.
• Responsible for running and distributing ETC Consolidated HFM Statements and ABC schedule.
• Preparation of freight detail based on actuals.
• Maintenance of the ETC consolidated ICQ (Internal Control Questionnaire) database.
• Ad hoc financial analysis as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education / Experience: BSBA in Accounting or Finance; MBA preferred. Must also have 3+ years of increasing responsibility within Finance or Accounting preferably in a manufacturing environment. Oracle and Hyperion experience a plus.
Mental Requirements: Demonstrated proficiency in analyzing and interpreting financial data, and in identifying and resolving problems with a minimum of supervision. Must be able to handle multiple priorities under strict deadlines. Strong analytical skills, organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), demonstrated ability and proficiency in technical writing, analysis, and general presentation skills.
Equipment: Personal computer, to include all Microsoft Office and related software; Excel Required, Oracle and Hyperion preferred.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career Search Link:
Emerson Career Search
Apply online using Job Number 20000635