Account Manager Lockton
Lockton is seeking an eager, driven Account Manager, who will bring a fierce commitment to supporting the efforts of building new relationships, exceeding client expectations, and pushing our Employee Benefits Practice to new heights in the marketplace. The Account Manager will be responsible for servicing and marketing the needs of Lockton clients. Collaboration and a willingness to support your colleagues is imperative, as is a true love for building and nurturing relationships, both internal and external.
Company Bio: Lockton
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 7,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Check out the latest insights from Lockton's experts.
A few reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- A huge emphasis on community involvement.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- Services designated book of health & welfare business as relating to marketing, claims and administration
- Effectively manage service/project plan timeline for each client as developed by the account executive
- Support account executive in the scheduling and preparation of client meetings
- Request and manage receipt of all renewals from carriers
- Draft “Line of Coverage and Revenue Summary” for account executives
- Manage carrier/vendor responses to questions during bid solicitation
- Ensure all necessary contracts/documents are executed in a timely fashion
- Review SPD, certificates, policies and contracts for accuracy
- Initiate and manage all administration activity related to implementing a new carrier (i.e. contract reviews, implementation meetings/calls, carrier introductions, etc.)
- Preparation of RFPs, annual compliance calendar for clients, routine claim summary/aggregate reports, initial claim projections (when appropriate) and employee communication material (enrollment guides, annual enrollment meeting presentations, CEO letters, etc)
- Ensure internal compliance issues are addressed, including (but not limited to): compensation disclosure; service agreements; broker of record letters; business associate agreements
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or years of experience equivalent
- Must have previous health & welfare/employee benefits insurance carrier or brokerage/consulting experience and a minimum of 3 years' industries experience
- Experience in marketing and servicing the employee benefit programs
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills required
- Understands industry trends and governmental regulations
- Ability to complete continuing education requirements as needed
- Ability to attend company, department, and team meetings as required, including industry training sessions