Account Executive Lockton
Accountable for developing and delivering strategic benefit solutions that meets the needs of Lockton clients under the general guidance of the Team Lead and/or Unit Manager and in accordance with Lockton procedures.
Company Bio: Lockton
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 7,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Check out the latest insights from Lockton's experts.
A few reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- A huge emphasis on community involvement.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- Conduct effective client meetings
- Participate in formal presentations to prospects and current clients
- Investment Reviews
- Fiduciary Best Practices
- Plan Design Recommendations
- Fee Analysis
- Provide thought leadership regarding strategic planning and consulting
- Maintain strong client relationships
- Establish and maintain vendor-partner relationships
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products available in the market
- Manage bid solicitation process
- Manage plan implementation
- Identify opportunities and gaps in plan design
- Provide recommendations based on Marketing results
- Analyze complex data, interpret and communicate findings
- Negotiate fees with vendor
- Proactively deliver regulatory and compliance support to clients
- Provide insight and recommendation on employee communication campaigns
- Facilitate communication and collaboration with producers
- Initiate involvement of Unit Manager and other Lockton resources as needed
- Assist in development of other associates by identifying additional skills, training needs, etc.
- Listen to clients and colleagues, provide meaningful feedback, and collaborate to identify problems and solutions
- Share subject matter expertise in development of other associates
- Mentor and coach others
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Typically, 7 years of client services experience is required
- Advanced working knowledge of the retirement industry
- Maintain applicable securities licensing
- Substantial experience in marketing and servicing employer sponsored retirement plans
- Demonstrate ability to instill confidence and comfort with clients so client looks to you and to Lockton as more than just a broker, but a partner in business
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize heavy workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) or similar software applications
- Ability to compile, analyze, and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making
- Demonstrated professional, tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives
- Personal presence to interface with top management of other businesses, representing Lockton in the highest professional manner
- Demonstrated understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve Unit Manager, Producer or others
- Ability and willingness to proactively coach and mentor other Associates
- Understanding and executing superior service and relationship in accordance with Lockton quality procedures and performance standards
- Ability to provide clear direction and act as leader of account team
- Ability to travel by automobile and aircraft, and stay for more than one day and night
- Legal right to work in the United States
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.