Academic Assistant Dean Maryville University
The Academic Assistant Dean will serve as a liaison between the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Adult and Online to facilitate the development and the management of online programs within the College of Arts and Sciences. The desired candidate will have the ability to manage, track, and execute multiple projects simultaneously. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
- Collaborate with the College of Arts and Sciences leadership team (Dean and Assistant/Associate Deans) to develop policies and procedures to support faculty in the development of online programs and to streamline communication with stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the College of Arts and Sciences leadership team and the School of Adult and Online Experience to facilitate the mentoring and professional development of adjunct faculty.
- Facilitate the review of newly created or heavily revised online courses by examining course structure and the incorporation of the principles of the Active Learning Ecosystem.
- Facilitate the management of new online program development.
- Facilitate the collection of program assessment data and the program review process.
- Act as the primary contact to receive, organize, and resolve academic complaints/issues.
- Develop and maintain processes to ensure syllabi are submitted, reviewed, and archived appropriately.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience with online education at a college or university
- Advanced technical and computer skills and the ability to learn and apply emerging technologies.
- Strong leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to manage, track, and execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to embrace new ideas and adapt to changing circumstances and environments
- Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
- Ph.D. degree (or terminal degree) from an accredited institution
- Experience with online teaching at a college or university
- Degree in a discipline represented in one of the units of the College of Arts and Sciences such as Design and Visual Arts, Science, Social Science, Humanities, or Mathematics
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
- Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.