Diversity Awareness Partnership (DAP) is investing in St. Louis high school students and local corporate businesses to ensure a positive future in the area of diversity. This externship program has been developed to expose, empower, and encourage diverse students to pursue STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) and other careers. DAP and Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis have partnered to develop this invaluable opportunity for high school students in St. Louis as a pipeline to potentially change their futures forever.
Session 1 | January 28, 2015 (W) 9am-12pm
Session 2 | February 25, 2015 (W) 9am-12pm
Preferred Student Qualifications
- 3.0 or higher grade point average OR in the top 10% of your class
- 11th or 12th grade
- Interest in economics
- Must have parent consent and an arrangement for a guardian/adult to drive student to and from program
- Location of EXPLORE Economics: Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis | 1 Federal Reserve Bank Plaza, Saint Louis, Missouri 63102
This is a free program; there is no cost to students participating. We simply ask that schools take responsibility in coordinating transportation for students. This is to ensure the attendance and safety of students participating in EXPLORE Economics. All sessions are from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Benefits of Being Accepted Into Program
- Students can put on their college resumes: Externship at Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Students have direct opportunities to network and learn about an opportunity to participate in the Student Board of Directors of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Students will learn about economics fields
- Students have direct connections to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis human resource department that intend to hire students that participate in EXPLORE Economics and uphold further college requirements
- Students will understand why diversity in the field of economics is so important
- Free prizes & giveaways
- Breakfast & lunch provided at both sessions
Application Due: December 1, 2014
Download the 2014-2015 EXPLORE Economics Application Below.
EXPLORE Economics 2014-2015 Application
For questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact: Justin Raymundo, Program Manager at 314-246-3143 | firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 314-621-9232.