Technology Specialist Maryville University
The Technology Specialist will join a dynamic Technology User Services team in providing excellent technology services to a diverse and multicultural population of students, faculty and staff of the University.
The Technology Specialist will provide support by phone, e-mail and in person; will open and close service requests electronically; troubleshoot user technology accounts; maintain technology inventory; and train student Help Desk technology assistants. In addition he/she will install, maintain and repair computer hardware and software and other technologies in computer labs, classrooms and faculty/staff offices. He/she will provide classroom, computer lab and audio/visual support.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field
• 1 – 2 years of experience in the installation and maintenance of end user systems
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent customer service skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse audience of faculty, staff and students.
• Experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Apple platforms
• Knowledge of techniques used in the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of Windows and Apple workstations, network printers, wired and wireless network connectivity, Microsoft Office and similar business productivity software.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize requests in a fast paced working environment
• Three or more years of demonstrated hands-on IT experience
• Experience supporting Microsoft Office 365
• Knowledge of Windows Servers operating systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange account management
• Moving and installation of heavy computer equipment
• Some evenings and weekends required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.