Senior Project Manager Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking a candidate for the position of Senior Project Manager to oversee all aspects of capital projects.
The Senior Project Manager will work in a team setting, and coordinate with both University staff and consulting firms through the design, bidding, and construction phases, ensuring that the University’s vision is achieved within the stated schedules and available funds.
The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Progressively responsible experience in construction-related work or in the design and planning of facilities
• 10-years construction related experience overseeing contracts
• Experience working with design-build, construction management with a GMP, and design-bid-build methods
• Comprehensive knowledge of construction, design documents, general building codes, related terminology, and the project management skills required to oversee these activities
• Experience in working with authorities that require project approvals, including Planning and Zoning, Architectural Review Board, other governmental authorities and utility companies
• Ability to prepare and assess project schedules, then make timely decisions that are required to meet project deadlines
• Ability to work with consultants to analyze cost estimates and budgets
• Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, structural, and architectural building systems
• Ability to analyze and negotiate best pricing for products and services, including technology and furniture procurement
• Ability to understand and review construction documents and specifications for meeting the University’s standards
• Ability to assess the status of construction and provide solid judgements regarding realistic completion dates
• Proficient in using software to manage capital projects
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and can effectively work with faculty, staff, and students, fostering a culturally diverse atmosphere
• Excellent time management and organizational skills with a commitment to achieving desired results
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Strong sense of initiative; a self-starter
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field
• Project Management certification
• Construction-related experience in higher education
• Experience with the City of Town & Country, Missouri
• Ability to move throughout campus, including using ladders and/or stairs on construction sites or in University facilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.