Quality Manager MilliporeSigma
Position: Quality Manager
Location: Savannah, GA
Application Deadline: March 4, 2019
Job Requisition ID: 185230
Career Level: E – Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: Full-time
Your Role: The Quality Manager is responsible for leading the Quality Assurance and Quality Control organization. They are responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the Savannah Management System and to continually improve its effectiveness. Responsible for the execution of the quality control processes to ensure that all products meet stakeholder, interested parties and applicable regulatory requirements. The Quality Manager is an integral member of the Savannah Management Team and will actively participate in Site Management discussions and decisions using risk-based thinking and continuous improvement to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. In this role, you will also champion the Quality Culture “Quality in all we do” for the site.
Company Bio: MilliporeSigma
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: Our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next-generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Who You Are: You have established continuous quality data monitoring processes. And are able to analyze data to identify trends and measure process capabilities. Have sponsored or lead quality improvement initiatives using root cause analysis, and/or Lean & Six Sigma. You are committed to achieving excellence in protecting the environment including sustainability, as well as, occupational health, safety and security on the site. Have lead awareness training, quality workshops, well-defined processes, and a well-established management of change process. Illustrated and encouraged innovation by driving and implementing change for improvement and working with agility to master the new change.
Qualifications / Requirements
- MS in Chemistry or Physics, or BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineer
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in R&D or Quality Control in a supervisory position
- Knowledge / Experience with ISO 9001
- Experience with planning and managing budgets
- Effective communication skills
- Visual acuity
- Pearlescent Pigment Knowledge, preferred
- Six Sigma Black Belt, preferred
- Knowledge of SAP, preferred
- Experience in Responsible Care (RC14004), International Pharmaceutical Excipients Council (IPEC) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), European Federation of Cosmetic Ingredients (EFfCI), Halal Certification, Kosher Certification, preferred