Programmer – COBOL DOT Foods
Location: Chesterfield, MO or Mt. Sterling, IL
Reports To: Business Systems Development Manager
Department: Information Technology
Responsible for developing, testing and implementing applications to solve business problems and facilitate business opportunities for company initiatives.
Company Bio: DOT Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- An inclusive work environment where your talents can be fully utilized
- Commitment to personal development and growth
- Competitive pay with comprehensive benefits in a family-friendly environment
- Program, test and implement new applications and systems.
- Provide support and maintenance for existing applications.
- Assist in integrating third party applications.
- Coordinate enhancements and problem fixes with software vendors
- Applies lean tools and thinking to iProgramdentify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all
modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for industry meetings or conferences.
- After hours – on call rotation to support business needs
Qualifications / Requirements
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field or equivalent Dot Experience
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Demonstrated programming skills
We'd like you to have:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of any of the following strongly preferred: COBOL, C#, Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL or
PeopleSoft, .Net, Red Prairie.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Professional, positive attitude
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.