Part-Time Marketing Communications Specialist DOT Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL, St. Louis, MO, or remote
Department: Brand Marketing
Reports To: Brand Manager
Your Role: The primary purpose of the Marketing Communications Specialist role is to serve as a marketing project manager for internal employee communications.
Company Bio: DOT Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Significant advancement opportunities
• Competitive wages and benefits
• Flexible work environment, with telecommuting options
- Lead strategic planning process and provide consultative marketing support for 10-15 internal business owners. Ensure project team resources align and support the overall needs of the business.
- Provide strategic oversight to ensure projects meet brand standards and are delivered on time and within budget. This includes opening new projects, concept development, managing timelines and creative job list, and final disposition of completed projects.
- Work collaboratively with team of graphic designers and copywriters to ensure delivery of high-quality creative assets. Provide copywriting assistance, including script writing, when needed.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Occasional overnight travel required. Must have the ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings.
- This position is temporary (3-6 months) and part time (up to 20 hours per week).
Qualifications / Requirements
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Dot experience
- Minimum 5 years of business experience in marketing or communications.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft programs
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
We'd like you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Experience with leading projects
- Previous leadership or management
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic
classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.