Katherine Dunham Fellow/Pre Professional Division Assistant COCA
Reports to the Pre-Professional Division Manager
Named in honor of the dancer, choreographer and activist, Katherine Dunham. The purpose of the Katherine Dunham Fellowship is: 1) to provide opportunities for individuals who currently are underrepresented in the field of arts administration, 2) to gain experience in a very specific field of arts administration, and 3) to develop the pool of outstanding minority arts administration professionals.
COCA’s Fellowship Program is a professional training program for aspiring arts administrators, arts educators, and performing arts production practitioners. Participants are given practical learning experiences, independent and collective projects, and work as entry-level staff persons in the company’s administrative and production departments.
We are looking for an organized, professional, creative, energetic post-college or graduate student to fill the Katherine Dunham Fellowship.
This is a part-time, hourly administrative position. The Katherine Dunham Fellow is responsible for providing administrative support to the Pre-Professional Division Manager, aiding in the day to day tasks as well as ongoing projects associated with the Pre-Professional Division and Dance Department.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain a current active list of company members and contact information
• Track weekly attendance for the Pre-Professional Division
o Monitoring excused and unexcused absences and total attendance percentages
o Pulling data reports through ActiveNet
• Maintain the COCA Company website and calendar
• Compile production packets for PPD performances
• Aid in COCA’s Regional Summer Intensive Audition planning and execution of event
• Assist in compiling information for COCA’s reaccreditation through ACCPAS and NASD
• Assist in projects and tasks given by the department manager
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Arts Administration, Business Administration or equivalent degree
• Experience working in arts administration a plus
• Self-starter with excellent time management skills
• Proficient in Microsoft office, especially Excel and Word
• Ability to problem solve, be flexible, imaginative and innovative
• Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs
• Ability to circulate around building on foot and navigate stairs
Please submit cover letter, resume to email@example.com using “Katherine Dunham/PPD Assistant” in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer