IT Manager, User Services Maryville University
Maryville University is seeking an IT Manager, User Services. As part of the Information Technology Department this individual will provide oversight and leadership to the User Services team and IT Service Desk functions. Primary responsibility is to ensure consistent and high quality IT services are provided to Maryville University students, faculty, staff, and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees all aspects of end user support operations including technology selection, implementation, deployment, support and maintenance.
• Leads a team of service desk personnel supporting the technology needs of students, faculty, staff, and visitors of the university.
• Oversee end user services including installation, configuration, and troubleshooting hardware and software. This includes but is not limited to workstations, mobile devices, printers, operating systems, business applications and personal productivity software.
• Identify, install, maintain, and support endpoint technologies in all areas on campus including but not limited to common areas, classrooms, computer labs, meeting spaces, the library, and auditorium.
• Establishes and manages procedures to ensure effective support coordination between IT Service Desk (tier 1), tier 2, and tier 3 resources
• Ensures technical documentation and standard operating procedures are created and maintained.
• Promotes, measures, and ensures IT support teams consistently provide high levels of customer service
• Provides support and communicates appropriately across multiple levels of the organization.
• Interfaces with Network Services and Enterprise Systems teams to improve user support services provided by the broader Information Technology department.
• Meets with administrative and academic teams to identify current and future technology needs as well as process improvement opportunities.
• Supervises the day-to-day activities of the team; manages, trains, and develops direct reports.
• Maintains an inventory of computer hardware and software applications.
• Develops and implements training plans for commonly used campus software applications as well as the appropriate use of end-user technologies.
• This position may be required to provide support outside of normal business operating hours.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field
• Three or more years supervising technical staff. Five or more years providing end user technical support.
• Hands-on work experience installing and supporting desktop operating systems and business productivity applications
• Hands-on work experience with Microsoft Server operating systems including Active Directory and Group Policy management
• Experience supporting virtual desktop environments
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work effectively and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and experience, while keeping an even disposition
• Experience implementing Service Desk software solutions.
• Experience implementing IT Service Management or IT Governance frameworks.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.