Grants Manager COCA
As part of the Development Department, the Grants Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of public and private grant activities including all administrative functions of grant proposal writing for the organization. Reporting to the Director of Development, this critical staff member also works closely with the Executive Director, Board Members, and Development Staff to identify and research new corporate, foundation and governmental grant opportunities and oversees the stewardship of current and lapsed institutional donors.
• Responsible for the research and submission of all foundation, corporate, and public grants.
• Develop detailed and documented budgets for grant proposals, tracking and summarizing program expenditures for reporting purposes.
• Maintain annual calendar for grants submission and progress reports as requested by donors.
• Manage institutional constituent records in Tessitura—COCA’s customer relationship management system—including addresses, profiles, key relationships, research, solicitations and financial projections.
• Oversee a portfolio of institutional funders and prospects in an effort to ensure strong relationships are built and maintained
• Develop and maintain relationships with Corporate and Foundation funders, and ensure the fulfillment of all benefits/recognition.
• Create and execute plans to re-establish relationships with lapsed funders as appropriate.
• Identify and research new grant and funding sources via grant making databases, professional fundraising publications, local newspapers & publications, internet and websites and any other potential resources.
• Work with program and finance staff to maximize funding opportunities for existing programmatic and general operating expenses.
• Update grant materials as needed. Work closely with program staff so that all grant materials are consistent with program goals.
• Attend fundraising and other public events to build/maintain relationships with funders.
• Assist development staff with special events and projects as needed.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 or more years of writing and fund development experience, with demonstrated success.
• Strong project management skills and ability to manage concurrent deliverables and deadlines.
• Successful experience in building institutional relationships with peers and volunteers.
• Understanding of and facility working with budgets.
• Collaborative working style and ability to effectively work with colleagues across the organization.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Basic computer skills (knowledge of Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). Tessitura knowledge a plus
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org using the position title “Grants Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
COCA is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.