EDI Analyst DOT Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: E-Commerce Director
Your Role: To increase sales and improve operational efficiencies through implementing electronic business transactions with customers.
Company Bio: DOT Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 58 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within our business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any
differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities
- Collaborate with Dot’s customers to implement electronic business transactions (EDI).
- Host conference calls to understand customer requirements as well as communicate Dot’s business processes and systems capabilities.
- Participate on teams to onboard new customers who require EDI in order to do business with Dot.
- Provide education on EDI and its benefits to other internal departments as well as customers.
- Proactively seek opportunities to increase the percentage of our business we conduct electronically.
- Provide ongoing support on electronic business transactions for customers and internal departments.
- Utilize OCR (optical character recognition) software to capture and automate faxed customer orders
- Responsible for data analysis and creation of reporting to communicate progress on the E-Commerce Team’s strategic initiatives and goals to all levels of the company.
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for industry meetings or conferences.
Qualifications / Requirements
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Proven success at meeting goals and deadlines
We'd like you to have:
- CIS, Supply Chain, Finance/Accounting degrees
- Previous experience with GS1 standards, EDI and/or GDSN
- Effective communication skills while presenting
- Microsoft Excel or Access experience
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or provincial law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.