E-commerce Developer DOT Foods
Location: St. Louis, MO or Mt. Sterling, IL
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Business Systems Development Manager or Application Support Manager
The Dot Expressway is a B2B e-commerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. In teaming with the business, the E-commerce Developer will work with the technical team to deliver solutions to improve functionality and user experience across digital channels. Success includes quality solutions that are delivered on time and on budget.
Company Bio: DOT Foods
As a family-owned and operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible work environment, with telecommuting options
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Work with project leader and development team to create and support e-commerce solutions
- Develop, test and implement according to the Software Development Lifecycle
- Deliver both front and back-end solutions
- Implement purchased applications
- Participate in activities related to agile, including: meetings, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for industry meetings or conferences.
- After hours – on call rotation to support business needs
Qualifications / Requirements
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree & 3+ years in Information Technology or 7+ years of experience
- Experience with web specific: technologies, programming languages and major application frameworks. Including but not limited to: .Net, MVC, HTML, and CSS
- Demonstrable experience in agile environments
- Experience working in B2C/B2B e-commerce focused environments
- Strong technical abilities within application development, configuration, implementation, and support
We'd like you to have:
- Experience with application systems involved in the support of e commerce, including Shipping, Sales, Pricing, Customer Service/Support, Product Catalog Management, Content Management, and Digital Marketing
- Experience creating and using web application interfaces
- Experience with mobile application development
- Experience with automated testing and builds
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.